"Fun with Natural Dyes" contains dyes and mordants for a wide range of safe and natural colors: purple, red, yellow, sage green, and by combining dyes, oranges, violets, greys and browns.
Included materials are:
- 1 ounce of Logwood Extract Dye
- 4 ounces of Osage Orange Dye
- 1 ounces of Brazilwood Extract Dye
- 4 ounces of Alum Mordant
- 1 ounce of Iron Mordant
- Three lengths of 100% silk fabric to get you started.
- Examples of 9 colors standard with the included dyes.
- Step by step instructions (click to view).
Over a $100 value for a special package price of only $74.95!
Suitable for any beginning dyer, teens and children with adult supervision.
All mordants we supply and use are from naturally occurring minerals that come from the Earth. When the fabric biodegrades the minerals will return to the Earth from whence they came. There are no residuals left on the fabric as the minor amount of fixative is locked into the fibre.
For more information please see the article "The Myth of the Bad Mordant."