Cleopatra is a crepe silk that is almost transparent off the bolt, after water washing it becomes opaque with lots of crinkle.
A few yards of this is all you need for a classic drape dress, Cleopatra style.
Use this to sew a classic "broomstick" skirt, or for multi tiered dancing outfits. It also makes the best, long "Isadora Duncan" style neck scarf: just two yards, and no hemming needed.
- Fibre content: 100% silk, reeled and especially tightly twisted for the weft, so that it can crinkle up.
- Source: China
- Width: 45" (stretches to 56")
- Weight per linear yard: 2.7 oz
- Commonly used for: gowns, dresses, skirts, scarves
- Weft (width) shrinkage: Shrinks to 32" (still stretches to 55")
- Warp (length) shrinkage: 10%
- Recommended care: Machine wash: gentle cycle, warm water, mild soap. Tumble dry on low heat. Remove from dryer immediately so ironing won’t be needed.
- Alternate care: hand wash, shake out several times while drying. Or Dry Clean.