The gauze ground of this exceptional veil fabric is true raw silk, that is, reeled silk which still has all its gum. This makes a sturdy though almost completely transparent fabric. It has a stiff and crisp hand, due to this silk gum. The filament thread has been reeled from “Dupioni” cocoons – cocoons that are spun so close together that they join in some places. Thus occasionally there are slubs in the thread: a lovely, interesting accent. This fabric is extra wide at 58 inches (147 cm).
- Fibre content: 100% natural raw, reeled silk
- Source: China
- Width: 58" extra wide!
- Weight per linear yard: < 1 oz
- Commonly used for: veils, dress or skirt overlays, sheer drapes
- Weft (width) shrinkage: minimal
- Warp (length) shrinkage: minimal
- Recommended Care: Dry clean or hand wash is recommended; machine wash is acceptable using gentle cycle, mild soap and warm water. Tumble dry on low heat, or iron dry from a barely damp state, for greatest smoothness. Never use bleach on silk.