"Mocha" is a soft and warm 100% Tussah wild silk. It's extra wide at 55 inches and is perfect for blankets and baby wraps: very warm and cuddly. It naturally the color of coffee with cream.
Tussah silk is wild silk that is typically gathered in the jungle from cocoons of wild silkmoths. Thus wild silk can be considered Organic, as almost all wild silk is wild crafted.
This fibre is sturdier than cultivated silk, so this fabric holds up very well to wear and washing.
The fabric is woven with a closely spaced fine raw reeled Tussah warp. The weft is thicker, softly spun and pulled out of the cocoons, a traditional hand spun yarn.
- Fibre content: 100% wild silk. Wildcrafted or semi cultivated in India. The fibre is pulled out from the cocoon after the moth has emerged, and hand spun. Handwoven in villages of rural India.
- Source: India
- Width: Extra Wide 55"
- Weight per linear yard: 6 oz
- Commonly used for: Everything, from clothing to interior decoration.
- Weft (width) shrinkage: 2%
- Warp (length) shrinkage:10%
- Recommended care: Machine wash: gentle cycle, warm water, mild soap. Tumble dry on low heat. For smoothest finish, iron from barely damp state on "wrong" side of fabric.