"Spun Honey" is a semi-sheer, light golden tan, 100% silk fabric with a crisp hand that is often referred to as "paper silk". It has a nice crinkly texture after washing, but returns to it's crispness with a hot ironing from damp to dry.
Village well woven in India from Tussah wild silk, "Spun Honey" is durable and perfect for Nuno Felting, Origami and silk flowers.
"Spun Honey" is presented in its natural colour with no bleaches, dyes or finishes. This fabric dyes beautifully with our natural dyes.
All natural silk is 100% organic!
- Fibre content: 100% Tussah Wild Silk
- Source: Rural India, small family farms
- Width: 45"
- Weight per linear yard: 1.1oz
- Commonly used for: Nuno Felting, Origami and Silk Flowers.
- Weft shrinkage: aprox 10%
- Warp shrinkage: aprox 6%
- Recommended care: Hand or machine wash: gentle cycle, warm water, mild soap. Tumble dry on low heat. For smoothest, crispest finish, iron from barely damp state on "wrong" side of fabric.