“Toga” is a new 100% silk fabric with a crinkle weave making it very stretchy. It’s a white semi-transparent fabric, halfway between “Illusion” Gauze and “Cleopatra” Crepe; 8 momme. “Toga” dyes beautifully. This fabric crinkles up to 36″ width but stretches back to it’s original 45″ width when pressed.
- Fiber content: 100% natural, cultivated silk, reeled filament.
- Source: China
- Width: 45″
- Weight per linear yard: 1.1 oz
- Momme: 8mm
- Commonly used for: Dresses, blouses, lingerie, scarves, gowns, drapes of all kinds.
- Weft (width) shrinkage: ~ 12%
- Warp (length) shrinkage: ~ 12%
- Recommended care: Machine wash: gentle cycle, warm water, mild soap. Tumble dry on low heat. For smoothest finish, iron from barely damp state on “wrong” side of fabric.
- Alternate care: Hand wash and iron on wrong side. Or Dry Clean.