Naturally dyed colours are easy for you to acheive on these lovely satins. Examples are shown. The Beginner’s Natural Dye Kit and Cochineal Natural Dye Kit include the 12 momme charmeuse, as it is one of the very prettiest and easiest of silks to dye.
You can learn to dye these and a full range of Naturally Dyed, permanent colours yourself. Tutorials are on this website; kits are available; and the Natural Dye workbook “Brilliant Colours with Natural Dyes” which is now on sale!
- Fibre content: 100% natural, cultivated silk, reeled filament.
- Source: China
- Width: 54″ or 45″
- Weight per linear yard:2.1 oz (weights are approximate)
- Commonly used for: Dresses, blouses, lingerie, scarves, gowns, drapes of all kinds.
- Weft (width) shrinkage: minimal
- Warp (length) shrinkage: ~ 2%
- Recommended care: Machine wash: gentle cycle, warm water, mild soap. Tumble dry on low heat. For smoothest finish, iron from barely damp state on “wrong” side of fabric.
- Alternate care: Hand wash and iron on wrong side. Or Dry Clean.