Crepe De Chine is a substantial 16.5 momme crepe silk with a lustrous (but not shiny) surface. This is a standard fabric of the garment industry. A good choice for those who do not want to iron, as it resists wrinkles. Machine woven of reeled cultivated silk, very even and standard. Because the weave is so tight, this is the most durable of the cultivated silks. Dyes beautifully. Drapes incredibly, especially when cut on the bias.
- Fibre content: 100% silk, reeled and tightly twisted.
- Source: China
- Weight per linear yard: about 2.5 oz
- Commonly used for: Blouses, lingerie, dresses, and scarves
- Weft (width) shrinkage: 2%
- Warp (length) shrinkage: 8%
- Recommended care: Machine wash: gentle cycle, warm water, mild soap. Tumble dry on low heat. For smoothest finish, iron from barely damp state on “wrong” side of fabric.
- Alternate care: hand wash; tumble dry or shake out several times while it is drying, iron as needed. Or Dry Clean.