“Peace” silk, also called vegetarian silk, is from cocoons from which the moth has completed its transformation and emerges free and happy. For more information, read Cheryl’s “About Peace Silk” article.
This fabric’s warp and weft are both smooth spun Ahimsa™ Peace silk.
Exceptionally wide at 60 inches, it’s wide enough for sheets on a twin sized bed with no seams and for a double bed, just add skirts to the sides.
Staple is approximately 2″ and the yarns are two-ply for a soft, sparkly luster; drapey hand; and excellent durability.
- Fibre content: 100% Ahimsa TM Peace silk; long staple spun silk, plied warp and weft. Cultivated Bombyx mori, mulberry silk.
- Source: Silk raised in rural India on small family farms. Yarn is spun and fabric is woven in small mills in India. Aurora Silk is partnered with the patent holder in India.
- Weight per linear yard: 6 oz
- Momme Equivalent: 40 mm
- Commonly used for: Clothing: shirts, dresses, light weight pants, scarves, stoles, undergarments, next to body wear. Bedding: light sheets and pillowcases, sleep sacks. Other: Wall art, tie dye, painting, block or other Natural Dye printing.
- Weft (width) shrinkage: 3%
- Warp (length) shrinkage:6%
- Recommended care: Machine wash: gentle cycle, warm water, mild soap. Tumble dry on low heat. For smoothest finish, iron from barely damp state on “wrong” side of fabric.