(meaning without violence) is a vegetarian-friendly silk from cocoons from which the moth has completed its full transformation and emerges free and happy.
Ahimsa™ Knit is machine knit in a tube that is 50″ around (in diameter). It is stretchy 100% Silk with no spandex. It won’t unravel when cut and needs no hemming. Great for simple dresses and pillowcases. It is rare and supply is limited; so get it while it lasts.
- Fibre content: 100% Ahimsa TM Peace silk; long staple spun silk, plied warp and weft. Cultivated Bombyx mori, mulberry silk.
- Source: Silk raised in rural India on small family farms. Yarn is spun and fabric is woven in small mills in India. Aurora Silk is partnered with the patent holder in India.
- Width: 50” diameter tube
- Weight per linear yard: 5 oz
- Commonly used for: Clothing: shirts, dresses, light weight pants, scarves, stoles, undergarments, next to body wear. Bedding: pillowcases, sleep sacks. Other: Wall art, tie dye, painting, block or other Natural Dye printing.
- Weft (width) shrinkage: 4%
- Warp (length) shrinkage: 8%
- Recommended care: Machine wash: gentle cycle, warm water, mild soap. Tumble dry on low heat. For smoothest finish, iron from barely damp state on “wrong” side of fabric.