Drape yourself in Diamonds and Pearls. This lovely twill sparkles and shimmers as it waves so softly as you walk — or dance! Celebrate life in a dress, shirt or scarf of this special silk.
Like all our Ahimsa™ silks:
100% Peace Silk– caterpillars are never killed but get to transform into butterflies and emerge from their cocoons happy – to mate and lay eggs for next year’s purest silk!
100% Organic – Silkworm caterpillars eat only pure, clean mulberry tree leaves
100% Fair Trade – Your creations with this silk bring life-giving income to rural families in Peace loving Southeast Asia..
A sumptuous fabric for dresses, shirts and undergarments. Twill weave makes for an especially flowey drapey effect. The warm softness is delicious to feel next to your skin. Highly recommended for undergarments. Besides feeling great, it is also good for your health. Natural silk “breathes” and wicks away moisture. It also feeds the skin with healthful energy that silk naturally draws from the air.
meaning “without violence”, is a vegetarian-friendly silk from which the moth has completed its full transformation and emerges free and happy.
- Fibre content: 100% Ahimsa TM Peace silk; long staple spun silk, plied warp and weft. Cultivated Bombyx mori, mulberry silk.
- Source: Silk raised in rural India on small family farms. Yarn is spun and fabric is woven in small mills in India. Aurora Silk is partnered with the patent holder in India.
- Width: 45″
- Weight per linear yard: 3.2 oz
- Commonly used for: Clothing: shirts, dresses, light weight pants, scarves, stoles, undergarments, next to body wear. Bedding: pillowcases, sleep sacks. Other: Wall art, tie dye, painting, block or other Natural Dye printing.
- Weft (width) shrinkage: 8%
- Warp (length) shrinkage: 8%
- Recommended care: Machine wash: gentle cycle, warm water, mild soap. Tumble dry on low heat. For smoothest finish, iron from barely damp state on “wrong” side of fabric.